What is IJSO?
The International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO) is an annual individual and team competition in the Natural Sciences for students who are under sixteen years old on 31st December of the competition year. IJSO has been established in recognition of the significance of the Natural Sciences in the general education of young people and in all aspects of their lives.
IJSO is world's most competitive Science contest, and UAE is proud to host the 18th IJSO in Dubai, UAE from 12th to 21st December, 2021.
UAE Academic Committee
- Physics, Michigan State University, 1996
- Research areas Elementary Particle Physics, Fractional Calculus , Mathematical Physics Phenomenology of the Electroweak Interactions
- Plant Biologist interested in molecular biology of photosynthesis and its crosstalk with abiotic stress physiology
- Doctorate Degree, Molecular Biotechnology in OTHERS, Konkuk University, Seoul, 2013
- Research in Abiotic Stress Physiology, Photosynthesis
- Doctor of Philosophy in Biology, Memorial University, 2008
- Professor at UAE University since 2008
- Research in Ecology, conservation, movement, diseases of wildlife, with emphasis on birds
- PhD in Chemical Engineering
- Nanotechnology in Chemical Engineering, University of Waterloo, 2014
IJSO-2021 Advisory Panel
- He is a former IBO contestant
- He is assistant professor at the National University of Singapore.
- He has delivered countless impulses to IBO’s developments in recent years.
- Past President for IPHO for more than 20 years
- Head of Physics in IJSO-2017
- Has overseen organizing of 25 Olympiads
- Team Leader for ICHO for Uruguay
- National Trainer for IJSO & ICHO for Uruguay
- Mentor & delegation leader for IJSO for India, 2016
- Chief Mentor for ICho for India 2001, 2002
- Delegation leader for IJSO for India, 2013 & 2014
- Key resource person for Indian National JSO since 2012
- Jury member in various international events.
- Academic team member of IJSO
- Delegation leader for IJSO & IOAA for India, 2010 – 2017 resp.
- Academic team member Of IPhO 2015 & IOAA 2016
- Mentor & team leader for IJSO for India, 2014 & 2017 Chemistry
- Key resource person for INJSO for past 10 years
- Mentor & team leader for IJSO for India, 2009 & 2013
- Involved in designing the experiments for Physics Olympiads
- Team leader for India for IJSO 2018 & 2016.
- Key resource person Indian team for past 6 years
- Member of Academic Committee of IJSO hosted by India in 2013
The United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates, sometimes simply called the Emirates, is a country in Western Asia located at the eastern end of the Arabian Peninsula. It borders Oman and Saudi Arabia, and has maritime borders in the Persian Gulf with Qatar and Iran.
Organisers & Sponsors
Innovative education for a knowledge, pioneering, and global society.
Develop an innovative Education System for a knowledge and global competitive society, that includes all age groups to meet future labor market demand, by ensuring quality of the ministry of education outputs, and provision of best services for internal and external customers.
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) - the first and foremost comprehensive national university in the United Arab Emirates. Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU aspires to become a comprehensive, research-intensive university and currently enrolls approximately 13,000 Emirati and international students.
InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Set in one of Dubai's cosmopolitan destinations with stunning waterfront and skyline views, InterContinental Dubai Festival City offers an exquisite luxury experience boasting opulent rooms, topnotch dining.
Walking Distance to the famous Festival City Mall & Boulevard consisting of UAE's finest gourmet experiences.